TikTok seems to be the name on everyone’s lips. It is an app that is sweeping a nation both positively and negatively. However, this new social media allows businesses from every industry to reach a multitude of people with short and engaging content through TikTok marketing.
TikTok was the most downloaded app in January 2020 with an estimated 800 million active users. That user counts dwarf even Twitter. Content is continually streaming on the device wrapped into short video clips that users create. Users edit these videos (which are 15 seconds long but can be strung together for a total of 60 seconds) with effects, filters, captions, and even to music. Hashtags (like Instagram) categorize the content for users to search. What catapulted the popularity especially among a younger demographic was user “challenges”. The challenges were usually dances that were learned and then shared via the app.
So, how can businesses use this powerful platform to gain more clientele?
Utilizing TikTok Marketing
Currently, brands can utilize three main streams for TikTok marketing: the company can create its own channel to upload relevant content; a company can utilize the stream of social media influencers to push content or pay for advertising. This may seem similar to most other platforms, however, TikTok offers a rare opportunity to really show the human side of your brand or product.
Here are 10 ways that your business right now and utilize TikTok Marketing to gain new leads:
- Don’t make it look like an ad – showcase your business or product used in someone’s everyday life.
- TikTok is full of “try-on” videos – do the same with your product. Even if you don’t sell a wearable, try to have fun with how a customer could potentially try it on anyway. Be silly. It will be rewarded.
- Luxury sellers take note that this is a great way to great younger demographics like college students to pay attention to a hot new item.
- Invent a Hashtag Challenge. Chiptole launched its second TikTok campaign with the #GuacDance challenge to encourage fans to show off avocado-themed dance moves.
- Does a client need to construct your product, or are you a creator (artist, baker, etc.) Then, show directional or step-by-step videos!
- #WipeItDown – this popular challenge shows the creator wiping a mirror and revealing a grander or funnier version of themselves. How can that apply to your business or CEOs?
- Boutique or fashion designers can show different ways to style different outfits.
- Show dedication! Example: Realtors can give an inside look about buying or selling a home.
- Does your business involve instructing for example fitness, yoga, tutor, etc.? Show a quick tip or clip of that particular move.
- Just engage. Users don’t want to be sold to anymore. They want to connect with a brand. At the very least, just post a light-hearted video to your target market. Don’t be afraid – create.
Regardless of the market or business, TikTok Marketing can apply. If you still have questions or need ideas, schedule an appointment with us! Let’s achieve your goals together.